Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Why wait for the full moon night


Why wait for the full moon night
Your smile bathes the night every day
Why wait for the night
It is there in the smile of day
Each leaf each rock
Nay the very sod I tread

Why wait at the gates
When you are there
In my breath
And in every sigh 
Of the mountain breeze
And in the wing of the bird 
In flight on an invisible swing

Why wait for your honeyed voice
I hear you in the sounds
Of the silent trees
That sway as the breeze sings
I hear you in the quiet
Pierced by bird song
And in my shrine of stillness
Amidst the winds of thoughts
Knocking at my doors

Why wait to sleep in the sea
Of your eyes
They stretch all over me blue
From star to star and cloud to cloud

I wash your smiles
With my tears that don't stop
And the milky glow
Shines brighter
With each drop
That bite my eyes
They trickle down your snowy robes
A stream of joy
And wash your feet 
Wherever they go



No comments:

Post a Comment