Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sita's dream

Going up the serpentine
Steps So narrow and long
Like a tunnel into the sky's end
Yet I moved fearlessly along
My limbs crushed
By the surrounding walls
Was it my head or my feet?
They all went up 
All the way
Panting.

It was as if nothing could stop
Harpies, little dragon birds
And bats flew down.
Nothing stopped
As my body and soul
went Up
Round and round
Up the curving steps
That did not seem to end
Yet the climb was joy
To meet the one
I knew was there,
Waiting and urging me on.

And there he was
His limb hung down
It was the tip of a tail
That will burn a city of gold
To unite my captive heart
With its lord.

And yet the joy must yet await
Another climb
Another journey long
Across the seas 
And lands
Of patient wait
Till my heart breaks 
And I find Thee.



No comments:

Post a Comment